Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ice Breakers Gone Wrong, AKA: I think I'd rather play Two Truths and a Lie

To set up the situation:
First day of second temp gig ever, supposed to last for a month and I'll be working with 10 other temps pretty much all day every day:

Checklist for the day:

Appropriate business casual wear including nice straight hair? Check!

PB&J for lunch in case there's no fridge/time to go out and get something? Check!

Friendly, ready smile available to make friends with other temps? Check!

Having the bathroom stall door opened on me by another temp within 3 hours of being there?

CHECK!!!

Upon having the door opened on me, the fellow temp shouted "Lock the door!" Shouldn't I be the one annoyed that someone got to see my bare legs (among other bare things) for free? Did she think I was hoping someone would open the door and see me in all my "doing my business" glory? If so, I'm sure I would have had a more delighted look on my face as opposed to the shock and horror-filled expression I held instead. I guess she wasn't really looking at my face at that point. All I'm saying is, I would have preferred an apology, and as the month goes on, I'm still waiting.

1 comment: